My Blog List

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Plus signs!




My "Quilty Bloggy Enabling" buddy Kathy in Ohio
 turned me onto this QAL with plus signs....needless to say, I started sewing and never looked back, its not like I have anything else I need to get done right?  But I have to say, this is one heck of a scrap busting pattern too and so easy to sew up using 2.5" strip scraps! 

 Love it!

Here are a few of my very favorite blocks....


Deep Purple!!  Yum!


Ruby Slippers!!


Burnt Orange...Love it...



Group shot!  
See all my fun mixed up neutrals...Bonnie style!!



I sashed my blocks with 1.5" strips of multiple neutrals
 with 1.5" cornerstones. I really love how it came out....of course its another one I want to keep!  Its so bright and happy, it makes me smile!



I'm still debating whether I need a border on it or not...I was thinking maybe using a white print with the "real" looking honeybees on it...I gotta find some though, I do have some but I am not sure that I have enough for all the borders.   This sure was a fun project, I enjoyed it very much.  Thanks Kathy! You always hook me up!



0de84ab5-a404-4cbc-beaa-0d38389ff0f8






















































6 comments:

  1. It's simply wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! This has been percolating for me for a while, but when I see a version as great as this it makes me want to ditch the "should do" list and start one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plus sign blocks and quilt top look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and so wonderful of her to help you get addicted to making them.

    ReplyDelete