My Blog List

Friday, March 20, 2015

A Patriotic Finish!



This finish has been a long time coming...this quilt
was a flimsy for almost 2 years! 

This was a quilt made in a Quilt-a-long that was hosted
by Melissa of Happy Quilting Blog...I actually made two of
these, one a patriotic version and one in more modern pinks and
 lime greens (that one is still a flimsy).


I am  happy to report that the patriotic version is complete and SOLD!

It turned out GORGEOUS, I am so proud of it!
It measures in at 85x85! A biggie!

  It is going to a friends Maid of Honor at her wedding this summer.  The
 Maid of Honor actually lives in London and loves Red, White & Blue! 

She is so excited to give her this gift and I was happy to make it happen!! 


Heres another photo of the entire quilt...I stood on a chair in
the hospital lobby to get this photo, thank goodness people dont even
blink when they see me doing things like this!  Ha!
Its a great finish and I am so proud of this quilt!

Linking up with Richard & Tanya Quilts for

Link-a-finish Friday!

LAFF - Richard and Tanya Quilts


5 comments:

  1. It really did turn out fantastic. Congrats to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt Julianne! I love the block design and how it looks in red, white and blue! The recipient must have been so pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous, Julianne! The frames around the star blocks remind me of fireworks exploding in the summer sky. I'm sure the recipient is in love with her gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shot! I'd be proud too! Those stars are beautiful! I'm sure the recipient loved it! Thanks for rejuvinating it under our Stars theme this week!!

    ReplyDelete