My Blog List

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas!


When I was young, my mom used to make these jeweled
Christmas tree portraits.  Recently I saw this one at
a quilt show and it brought back so many memories
of my mom and made me miss her just a little bit
more that usual.  She passed away Christmas Eve, 1999. I 
think that may have been one of the worst days of my life

            
            and since it happened on a holiday, I sort of relive it every year.  Theres             never a moment that I dont miss her.  She taught me so much, needlepoint,               latch hook, cross stitch, sewing, knitting, crochet, cooking, baking, you  
     name it, I have my love of creativity because my mom always had me doing               something with my hands.  I'm so grateful for the gifts she gave me. 
                                             I miss her so much.

                   Merry Christmas to you and your family..hold them tight and 
                                tell them how much you love them everyday!

4 comments:

  1. xx and love to you also xx Christmas (e)hugs coming your way xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are remembering your mom. I lost mine in July and thinking of not seeing her for Christmas makes me so sad. She loved Christmas so much. Merry Christmas hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sew know what you mean. It has been 9 years since my nephew Danny was killed. Today when we all get together to celebrate Christmas, remembering him will be the 1st thing we all do. Big hugs!

    And on a side note, I LOVE that jeweled tree idea. Do you have any insights into how she made that? I'd love to make one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHH the jeweled Christmas tree all lit up. My Granny and my mom each made one and was the centerpiece for all decorations I our homes...Thanks for taking me to the way way back. Christmas time was so much more when they were here too.
    Looks like you're making your own grandma memories with your grand daughter. Grannies Rock!! Happy New Year and congrats on winning the blocklotto too!

    ReplyDelete