My Blog List

Sunday, December 8, 2013

A little sewing with a friend


Before we lost our house a couple years ago, I used to live a stones throw away from my friend Julie and we used to sew together 2-3 days a week and we always had a blast!  Now that I live in town and she still lives up in the forest about an hour away, we still find the time to get together and sew.


Julie has 3 grandsons who recently  moved back to California from Delaware.  She needed to finish up the youngest boys Christmas Stocking...yep, Michaels!
So here she is, happy as heck to have it done...it turned out great and she quilted the fabric herself which was a first for her!  Nice job Julie!!

Now notice in the picture to the right of Julie, the little sign...it says "Soon it will be Christmas day"...I keep that right next to where Julie sews and everytime she starts to complain or say she is tired, I tell her "Soon it will be Christmas Day!" to which she always growls at me!  LOL!  Shes a good friend to me, some days I dont know why she puts up with me cuz believe me I can be a treat!

2 comments:

  1. thats what good friends are for .. having fun.. and moaning with and to xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie's stocking turned out so nice, tell her I said so. I'm a little jealous that you have such a good friend to sew with so often but happy for you too. Giggle on girls!!

    ReplyDelete