My Blog List

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

El Dorado County Fair 2013

Here I am with my
"Modern Starburst" Quilt that I entered in the El Dorado County Fair.  I didnt win any prizes, but my goal was to show people that quilting can be young and modern and bright and fun, not just older style  patchwork.  I hope that many young people saw what can be done with all the beautiful modern fabics that are out there.  Thanks to  Melissa Corry of "Happy Quilting" for having this QAL so that I could make this wonderful quilt...



and heres a few more pictures from the fair...
Dougs Comma Quilt 3rd place

Dougs 1st Place

Fantastic Paper piecing!

Best of Show! Beautiful!

Scrappy Tumbler LOVE!

My wonderful son & his lovely wife!

and Jayden!!

The fair was a blast this year!  I even won 1st place for my English Toffee!  Blue Ribbon!  








6 comments:

  1. I love your Modern Star Burst quilt! It's great to see all those wonderful quits. Congratulations on winning 1st for your English Toffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love yours the best!! And first place for your Engkish Toffee is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pic of your quilt! Did you realize that you got a blue ribbon for the quilt back? I see it peeking out on the side. YEAH for the blue ribbon on the toffee -- Yum! Great pics of the fam! Whohoo for county fairs. This pic also makes me want to get out my scrappy tumbler charm quilt. I want a best of show too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!Yes, I sure did! How funny! I didnt even notice it till you said that!

      Delete
  4. Your quilt is my favorite, but I'm a little biased. Congrats on your blue ribbon for the toffee...I remember how yummy it is!

    ReplyDelete