My Blog List

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Need your help Bloggy Friends!

Please see the post below from Michelle at "Quilts from my Crayon box" about a
young boy recently diagnosed with an incurable cancer.  We are trying to get fabric
squares donated to make him a 100 good wishes quilt made asap, but we need your
help!!!
                Thank you and Quilty Hugs!!  Julianne

Thank you and a plea!



My sincerest thanks go to each and every one of you that have said Yes and are sending me a square of fabric and a wish for Joey's 100 Good Wishes Quilt. So far I'm expecting 16+ squares and wishes (we call the combo "squishes") and Kris has commitments for 20 so far.
But we need more. Many, many more if we are going to succeed in creating this quilt for this sick and just diagnosed little boy. I have yet to find out how long they expect him to live if the treatment they are attempting doesn't work at slowing down and/or putting his cancer into remission. All I know at this moment in time is that it isn't curable. And I'm worried that we won't get the quilt made fast enough.

So I'm putting out this plea for help. You can read my original post about this request here. Please help me spread the word by posting about this on your blog or letting your bee or guild members know.

Anyone can be a part of this project. All you need to do is to send me a 9" square piece of fabric (just fabric, not a quilt block), something appropriate for a 9 year old boy (I just learned that he likes super heroes and he plays the violin) and a written wish or quote, a poem or a joke, or a silly story...something to cheer him up and bring a smile to his face. The details are all spelled out in my original post.

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart. I'm hoping to get an update soon from Kris so that I can share it with all of you. The family is meeting with the oncologist today. Knowing that so many people care and want to help him beat the odds has got to help him keep hope.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the shout out. Thankfully all the help is working, the packages are starting to arrive and I think we will get enough for this quilt.

    ReplyDelete