My Blog List

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Progress

My friend and neighbor Julie comes over to sew with me pretty often.  Today I helped her work on a Christmas present for another friend of hers.  Its a coffee themed quilt..
Julie sewed all of the paper pieced coffee cups with different coffee themed fabrics, and sashed them with a coffee bean fabric.

Then,I used my "Wordplay" book to create the words "Ahhh...Coffee!!" which happens to be what her friend says once she gets her coffee in the morning...so thats perfect!

Then we did a freehand version of a paper pieced pattern we saw online of a coffee pot and put it in the corner...we think it really turned out great!  It even has steam in the little percolator section at the top!!  Ha!

Then to finish up my Sunday of sewing, I picked up little bits and selvages of the coffee fabrics and made these cute bookmarks with some scraps of pellon and grograine ribbon...not to shabby!  These will be great little gifts!



Happy Sunday everyone...Heres to the start of another week!

Hugs!!  Jules

3 comments:

  1. What a cool coffee quilt!! So gorgeous and creative. Sweet bookmarks, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word you have been busy puts me to shame! I do hope to get some sewing in this week. The Coffee quilt is too cute I wish I had a friend close by to sew with once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh coffee! I have a friend like that too! so glad you winged the coffee pot too. hurray!

    ReplyDelete